If you sell your online training on Skilljar, you can choose whether to use your own payment gateway to process e-commerce transactions, or opt for Skilljar to handle payments. Both options have their own benefits. In this article, we take a look at the e-commerce options for your Skilljar courses.
A payment gateway is a service that processes e-commerce transactions. If you are selling any courses on Skilljar, you are using a payment gateway.
Photo by Marla Elena / CC BY
Your payment gateway options:1. Use your own payment gateway
You can use your own payment gateway to process transactions directly. Just connect your payment processor(s) to your Skilljar account.
- How you'll receive payment: directly to your account, according to your payment processors' terms and policies.
- Supported payment processors: Stripe and PayPal
- Refunds: manage them yourself
You might wonder how important it is to utilize PayPal in addition to Stripe, which accepts all major credit cards. Offering an additonal payment type will broaden your customer base. We highly recommend enabling both payment gateways; approximately 70% of courses have been purchased via credit card, while 30% have been processed via PayPal.2. Use Skilljar’s payment gateway
If you don’t want to set up your own payment gateway, Skilljar can handle e-commerce transactions for you.
- How you'll receive payment: from Skilljar via PayPal twice monthly
- Supported payment types: all major credit cards, PayPal, and Bitcoin
- Refunds: Skilljar will manage these for you