Skilljar provides many different options for customizing your courses to meet your company's unique training needs. From title settings to certificates and much more, you can customize each of your courses with the specific settings you need. In this article we walk through each of the advanced course settings:
- Title settings
- Lesson navigation
- Completion confirmation
These settings enable you to update various title text that displays to trainees on the course detail page, curriculum page and lesson pages.
Course detail page
- Long description title: The title of the description on the course detail page. The default text is "About this course."
- Curriculum title: This title of the list of sections and lessons on the course detail page. The default text is "Curriculum."
Course overview page
- Overview title:
The name of the course overview page which provides links to each lesson. The default text is "Course Overview."
- Lesson name plural: This name that describes the trainee's progress on the course overview page, as well as the name of name of the navigation menu on each lesson page. The default text is "lessons."
Use these settings to define how a trainee can navigate the content in a course.
- Enforce sequential navigation: You can require trainees to visit each lesson in order.
- Disable video fast forward: If you enforce sequential navigation, you can also ensure trainees watch 100% of your videos lessons by prevent fast forwarding.
Configure your course to provide a certificate of completion.
- Issue certificate upon completion: Select this setting to automatically generate a certfiicate when a trainee has completed a course.
Note: You can also require a passing quiz score to earn a certificate!
- Expires after course completion: Set an expiration period for a certificate.
You also have the option to use Skilljar's default certificate, or create custom certificate templates.
Custom certificate settings
- Name of the template: This field is for internal purposes only and does not display to trainees.
- Signature image: You can upload an image file to include your signature on the certificate.
- Signature text: This displays beneath the Signature image on the certificate.
- Seal image: Upload an image file to add a seal to the certificate.
- LinkedIn Certification Link: Provide trainees with an easy way to add their certificate to their LinkedIn Profile.
- Certification name: Use this setting to customize the name of the certificate that displays on LinkedIn.
These settings enable you to define the value of a course, whether it is valued as 5 credits, 30 hours or 50 points.
- Credit unit plural: The name of the units that express your course's worth in plural format (for example: Credits, Hours or Points).
- Credits: The amount of units the course is worth.
If you take advantage of these setting, they will display on the certificate issued upon completion (as pictured above) as well as each trainees' profile page.
Trainee profile page
Use this setting to automatically send an email to trainees when they have completed a course.
- Email student on completion: If you select this option, an email will be sent to trainees after completing a course. A link to the trainee's certificate will be included, if applicable.
Note: If you've enabled LinkedIn certificate sharing, the Add to Profile link will be inlcuded in the email.